Technology solutions for society in India (Free)
What is the grant available for?
The aim of this competition is to fund collaborative technological solutions that address one or more of the following challenges:
- clean technology
- affordable healthcare
- use of electronic system design and manufacture (ESDM) technologies to provide solutions to particular societal challenges, specifically:
- large-area flexible electronics and internet of things (IoT) to help provide affordable energy, healthcare or education
- challenges related to the environment or cities that affect the wider population of India
- devices for internal security, particularly for natural disaster management (preparedness, prevention and recovery, including emergency communications system, unmanned aerial vehicles, and so on). Note: no military-related or personal security applications are eligible
- medical electronics that address the needs of remote communities
- infrastructure that uses technology to solve the challenges of sustainability and resilience India faces in mobility, energy and information and communication technology
Projects and their outcomes must fit with Official Development Assistance (ODA) criteria. This aims to boost economic development and have a positive social or environmental effect on the wider Indian society.
Percentage of Project Cost
For industrial research, you could get:
- up to 70% of your eligible project costs if you are a small business
- up to 60% if you are a medium-sized business
- up to 50% if you are a large business
For experimental development work packages, you could get:
- up to 45% of your eligible project costs if you are a small business
- up to 35% if you are a medium-sized business
- up to 25% if you are a large business
All projects must involve at least one UK business and one Indian business. The project lead must be a business on the UK side.
Grant amounts available
We expect projects to last from 12 to 24 months. We expect projects to range in size from total costs of £350,000 to £450,000 on the UK side.
Who provides the grant?
How to Apply
We will not accept late submissions. Your application is confidential.