Santander SME Funding Scheme 2016 -2017 (Partly Free)
What is the grant available for?
The University of Lincoln have a partnership with Santander to provide funding to support student and graduate positions. The funding is limited so please contact us to check availability.
Company must be registered SME with 250 employees or less which have an annual turnover of fifty million pounds or less. Registered and based in the UK. Include companies, sole traders, partnerships and charities.
Current student or recent graduate (completed their course within 3 years) from the University of Lincoln.
Delivery targets and required outcomes
- The role duration must be between 1 and 10 weeks
- The role can be full time or part time (full time positions are based on 35 hours a week - part time needs to be equivalent of these hours)
- The graduate or student carrying out work that is deemed to be of 'graduate' level
The intern will be paid a minimum of £300 a week based on a 35 hour week
Grant amounts available
- Internships betweek 1-2 weeks, Santander will provide £300 per week, the company are not required to match fund.
- Internships between 3 and 10 weeks will be part funded by Santander, to be matched by the company - see table below:
|| 1 week
How to Apply
- The company completes our online vacancy system with the advert
- The Careers team will check over the advert before making the vacancy 'live' online and add in our standard text relevant to internship roles
- Role is advertised through the Careers and Employability service
- Students and graduates apply directly to the employers
- Once a student or graduate is selected the employer establishes their own terms and conditions with the candidate
- A contract is completed to register for the scheme
- Complete Santander online portal
- A new supplier form is completed if the company are not registered on the University of Lincoln finance system
- Complete feedback forms - company & student/graduate