• 1:1 Mentoring and support.
• Group training including Workshops and Bootcamps.
• £2,500 funding (split into 2 payments of £1,000 and £1,500).
• Individual needs assessment leading to targeted action plan and support.
• A minimum of 30 hours of support for each individual on the scheme.
• A graduate or someone who will have graduated within the last three years, before their business start date.
• A final year student who will have graduated before their business start date (will not be starting their business until they have graduated).
• Have confirmed that they have not yet commenced trading with their business idea.
• Have confirmed that they have no visa restrictions which prevent them from legally setting up a business in the UK.
• Intend to start a business during the placement period in the Greater Lincolnshire area.
• Live in the Greater Lincolnshire Area.
• Have a viable business idea that does not fall into one of the restricted sectors below:
a) Fishery and Aquaculture
b) Primary Production, processing and marketing of agricultural product
c) The coal, steel and shipbuilding sectors
d) Synthetic fibres sectors
e) Banking and insurance
f) Generalised (school age) education
g) Retail businesses (generally deemed to provide ‘local’ services and supporting them risks displacing other small retailers).
University of Lincoln
Scheme & Application Process:
1. Complete a short application form.
2. Complete 15 hours of training and support.
3. Pitch the business idea to a panel.
4. If accepted, start trading and provide evidence of this.
5. Complete a short diagnostic exercise to facilitate targeted support.
6. Receive £1,000 grant.
7. Complete a short survey & a further 15 hours of training and support.
8. Receive final £1,500 grant.
9. End of placement.
For more information or to apply contact:
Claire Butler (Student Enterprise Co-ordinator at the University of Lincoln)
Telephone: 01522 837 860
Address: University of Lincoln, Business Incubation, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN67DQ