What is #BLLive?
Don't miss Business Lincolnshire Live (#BLLive), our new series of monthly live-streamed shows dedicated to exploring the topics vital to Greater Lincolnshire and Rutland's business communities. #BLLive will be streamed to this page and across social media, and is your chance to have your say on the business issues that matter most to you!
Every session, you'll be able to send in your questions and get them answered live by our team of experts, as well as say hello to special guests from around the county who will be dialling in to share their knowledge and expertise with you.
What are the shows for?
#BLLive is the opportunity for us to actively listen and engage with businesses across Greater Lincolnshire and Rutland, so we can continue to provide the best support possible. Each month, we'll be sharing the many programmes and support schemes that are available from Lincolnshire County Council and the Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub, so you have all of the support you need to grow your business!
What we'll cover:
- Grant funding – The funding schemes available to support the innovation and development of your business
- Business support – Find out more about the guidance and support available through the Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub
- Business facilities – Information on office space and Lincolnshire County Council properties across the county
- Learning resources – The workshops, seminars and training available to you and your business
- The local economy – We'll be taking a look at the different areas of Greater Lincolnshire and Rutland and our local economy, with a focus on sectors such as agriculture, tourism, manufacturing, education and technology.
When can I watch and what is this month's topic?
Over the last couple of years businesses have experienced a level of disruption and risk not seen in decades. Almost all SMEs in every sector felt the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. Now geopolitical tensions, expanding cyberthreats and climate change bring further challenges.
Our tenth #BL Live Show on Tuesday 26 April at 12 noon will focus on business resilience, exploring how you can navigate disruption and futureproof your business amid constant change.
Our guest speakers, Meryl Levington, Business Lincolnshire’s Business Resilience Specialist and Andrea Collins, Managing Director of the Global Trade Department, will discuss common issues that Greater Lincolnshire and Rutland businesses are currently facing, including the energy crisis, supply chain disruptions and talent shortages. They will draw upon their experience offering advice on how to respond to these impacts and take steps to better prepare for future risks.
Meryl will also share details of the support available through the Building Business Resilience Programme which is designed to help East Midlands based businesses to withstand potential economic shocks.
You may ask questions about issues currently affecting your business in advance of, as well as during the show. Please post in the event comments on the LinkedIn event page which can be accessed via the link below. Our guest speakers will then provide you with their thoughts on the day.
Look forward to seeing you at the show!
How do I watch?
- Attend the LinkedIn Event - We recommend viewing the live shows through LinkedIn and we will set up a LinkedIn event for each show – so make sure you are following the Business Lincolnshire LinkedIn Business Page.
You can also view the show on:
- Web - Bookmarking this page and return here on the date of each show to view
- Twitter – Make sure you follow @BusinessLincs and go to our feed to view the show on the day
- Facebook – Make sure you like the Business Lincolnshire Facebook
- YouTube – You can also view the event on the LCC YouTube Channel – please subscribe and visit on the day of the show, it will be under "live streams."
Can I ask questions and engage with the live show?
The best way to engage live with the shows is to attend the LinkedIn Event and use the chat function – you can also ask questions through commenting on the event and take part in the pre-show polls for each event.
Will there be a recording of each show if I can’t make it?
Yes, after each show a recording will be posted on the Business Lincolnshire LinkedIn page, on the YouTube Channel and here on this page.