This webinar is for you if you run a visitor attraction, museum, hotel, outdoor activity centre, holiday park, B&B or any business that operates in the sector.
The webinar will be hosted by The Business Resilience Programme team Meryl and Leigh and we ill be joined by Neil Warwick OBE one of the UKs leading experts on the EU.
Neil will give a no holds barred talk on how the EU Exit will impact upon your business and what you can do with five months to go to prepare for changes in regulations, particularly if:
- You have staff who are EU nationals
- You welcome visitors from the EU
- You take payments from the EU
- You have online booking systems or use platforms such as Expedia and booking.com
- You buy supplies from the EU
- You have an office or agent in the EU
- You send money overseas
As the United Kingdom moves into negotiations to agree our future trading relationship with the EU there are a number of key issues on the table that will impact upon the future of the visitor economy - including freedom of movement, labour, General Data Protection Regulations and food labelling and packaging to name but a few.
Join us for practical suggestions and tips on how to ensure your organisation is well and truly prepared for business after our exit from the EU.
Neil will provide a unique insight on how our Exit from the EU will affect your business in the near future, and how it can be surprisingly easily to mitigate against some of the impact:
- You will hear first-hand the very latest political and business insights from the UK government and understand how they will impact on organisations across the East Midlands in these industries
- Get an insight into the latest intelligence on leaving the EU and what the deal that is emerging might mean for your business and what support your business can receive across the remainder 2020 to ensure you are prepared
- Benefit from a Chatham House rule discussion on what other organisations are doing and experiencing – providing inspiration for you to think differently about the challenges ahead
We will also be opening up the floor for questions - so this is your chance to ask the questions that are concerning you.
Neil Warwick OBE: Neil is a Partner at international law firm DAC Beachcroft, and is the National Portfolio Chair for International Trade for the Federation of Small Businesses and has given evidence to Select Committees in the House of Commons and the House of Lords on the impact of the EU Exit. He provides businesses with advice on the practical implications of how the EU Exit will affect their industry and their individual organisations.
If you are unable to attend but would like to information on other seminar dates and the fully funded support that is available please contact us and we will signpost you to a whole host of activities.
14/08/2020 12:30 - 13:30
Actif RSV Ltd