NB - This is an interactive masterclass and we try to recreate an interactive classroom environment, where the sessions are live via the zoom video conferencing platform and all delegates are expected to participate in the discussions. Feedback from other delegates have stated that the interaction and shared learning experience was one of the most valuable parts of the session.
Get the most from your new website by creating a web brief that meets the needs of your audiences and your business. You will complete this workshop and be able to provide a website developer/designer with a brief that focuses on your business, so you get a website that works for you - and looks good!
Having a great looking website is only as good as its content but trying to write good content for websites can leave you feeling flat and low on ideas, so the final session will cover the essential elements of writing website copy that works.
Session 1 – Wednesday 6th October 2021 (10:00 – 11:30): Purpose
Content Covered in Session 1
- Identification of the purpose of the website (ecommerce, validation, education etc.)
- Defining a measure for the website (objective)
- Target audience for the website – what does that user expect from the website?
- The business brand and how the website fits
- Writing the website brief
Session 1 Outcomes
Delegates will understand:
- What they want their website to deliver
- How to write a brief for a website developer/designer to communicate their needs
Session 2 – Wednesday 13th October 2021 (10:00 – 11:30): Website – the layout.
Content Covered in Session 2
- Web Hierarchy – how to plan this and draw it for your designer
- Wireframing and Eye flow
- Working with the designer / developer
Session 2 Outcomes
Delegates will understand:
- How to visualize their requirements without the need for fancy graphics
- How to work with the website designer / developer to get what they need (identified in session 1) for their business
Session 3 – Wednesday 20th October 2021 (10:00 – 11:30): Writing for your website.
Content Covered in Session 3:
- Objective of the copy
- How to write for online – the value proposition
- Features – Advantages – Benefits – ACTIONS
- Layout of Copy
Session 3 Outcomes:
- Importance of knowing what action the reader needs to take after reading the copy
- The importance of value
- Creation of action through good copy and emotional content
- How to structure copy for the reader (and the internet)
Presenter – Deborah Goodall
Deborah has 25 years’ experience of growing businesses through effective marketing. She specialises in marketing strategy through understanding target audiences and their triggers and motivations.
Deborah has worked as a consultant for 9 years. Prior to this she worked client-side, so understands the difficulties facing marketing departments and business owners. She is commercially astute and has experience in B2B and B2C environments. Deborah has a passion for direct marketing, with a background in mail order.
Running masterclasses and workshop since 2009, Deborah provides content to help businesses make the most of their marketing potential - covering planning, strategy, brand and execution.
Deborah was elected to be a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing in 2019 in recognition of her coaching and consultancy experience.
Secure your place
The interactive masterclass is fully funded and places are limited so be sure to apply for yours today. When booking you are committing to attending all three sessions. Confirmation of your place will be sent separately once your eligibility has been checked post receiving your application.
Please note we are only able to offer one place per company to ensure we can support as many businesses as possible. To qualify for this funded support, your business must be a small to medium enterprise (SME) based in Greater Lincolnshire. Apologies, no support intermediaries, public bodies or financial sector businesses.
Am I eligible?
The interactive masterclass is available to businesses, partnerships, sole traders, and registered charities, with a trading address located within Greater Lincolnshire (North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire & Lincolnshire).
To attend, your business must complete an SME enrolment form in order to check the business’s eligibility against the funding criteria. (The form will be sent to you on completion of an Eventbrite booking - if one has not already been completed and on file).
Please note that attendance at Business Lincolnshire events will not preclude eligibility to access grant funding.