Sign up for this exclusive Export Academy workshop to gain the skills and knowledge you need to enter the global market with confidence.
Improve your knowledge, thinking and capability in winning business overseas, and leave with added confidence and skills to apply when considering future opportunities.
Most appropriate for those who are new or relatively inexperienced exporters, this Export Academy workshop is designed to help companies improve their knowledge, thinking and capability in winning business overseas, and delegates will leave with added confidence and skills to apply when considering future opportunities.
The networking element of the workshops is an important benefit of attending. We encourage attendees to reflect on the issues covered as they affect their own businesses and also group delegates together to give them every opportunity to share their experiences and relevant case examples with others who may have similar products and/or services or target customers.
On completion of this masterclass, delegates will have learned about:
- introducing their company (getting the pitch and positioning right) both in writing and verbally
- some business models which will help them to understand their potential international offer
- understanding the opportunity, who the client is, and what will make them sit up and take interest
- communicating and working with overseas advisers and/or other intermediaries who can help, and how to initiate and follow up discussions
- preparing for a visit to the market (either as part of a group or individually) and presenting their company’s offer
how to negotiate successfully in different markets
following up and getting feedback
About the Export Academy
The Export Academy from the Department for International Trade will help you grow your business by showing you how to sell to new customers around the world.
The course is free, and you’ll learn directly from experts in international trade who are on hand to provide support across a range of sectors and businesses, from selling children’s clothes to Spain, to providing PR services for clients in the US.
See here for details on how to sign up for the Export Academy today.
This interactive workshop is free to attend, so use the link below to register your interest in joining today.
Please note: this event is only open to registered businesses based in the East Midlands and West Midlands who have a product or service that they are interested in selling internationally. You may be contacted prior to the event to assess eligibility.