This is the Launch Event for the new quarterly Lincolnshire Cyber Security Forum.
The Forum is supported by Marc Jones Lincolnshire's Police & Crime Commissioner and the EMSOU.
Lincolnshire is joining the expanding national cyber resilience network to support businesses and launches the Lincolnshire Cyber Security Forum at a breakfast meeting at 07.30 on 17th April 2019 at the Elliott Rooms at BG University in Lincoln, an event to which all businesses and interested computer students are invited.
The Forum is jointly promoted by Lincolnshire Police (including the National Cyber Security Centre) the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) and local businesses and will act as a local hub/outlet for all of the current and future national cyber initiatives, and help local businesses to advance their digital defences. The meeting will help set the future agenda to support local businesses.
Chair of the Forum Planning group Mike Johnson said “we hope a wide range of businesses will join us to help shape Lincolnshire’s digital future and link us to national programmes and local best practice”
Neil Sharpley FSB Policy Chair covering Cyber Crime said “Forums like this are vital and important. We need to help all local businesses to be cyber aware and protected, and show that Lincolnshire is a leading digitally switched-on place to do business.”
The Forum plans to hold four events a year, focusing on both new IT developments and threats, and helping all businesses to find affordable and manageable cyber defence procedures.
Full Event Details
7.30 – 8.00 Networking and tea coffee and pastries
- 8.00 Opening by Bishop Grosseteste University – Professor Scott Fleming
- 8.05 Why we need the Forum - Overview of the National and Local Crime by the
Assistant Chief Constable Kerrin Wilson
- 8.20 Cyber Crime the current picture from the FSB – Neil Sharply Chair Ministry of Justice Policy Unit
- 8.30 EMSOU – The East Midlands picture from the Police and why we need the Forum - Robert Pugh Cyber Crime Regional Coordinator
- 8.50 Cyber Crime Unit and how Lincolnshire Police can help and support you – Launch website - PC Luke Casey Cyber Protect Officer
- 9.05 Knowledge session - Daniel Westlake - Cursor & Digital Lincoln
- 9.15 How an Apprentice or Graduate could benefit your organisation
Gail Wood LAGAT College and Greg Stevenson Lincolnshire Police Special Constable
- 9.25 5 minute Break
- 9.30 Round Table Discussions – and polling questions using SILDO
- 9.45 Panel of experts - Questions and answers session
- 10.05 Summary and Close – Marc Jones Lincolnshire Police Crime Commissioner
- 10.15 Networking
Car Parking Information
Plenty of FREE onsite parking
Elliot Room, BG University, Longdales Road Lincoln
17/04/2019 07:30 - 10:30
Lincolnshire Police - Police Crime Commissioners Office - FSB - LAGAT College