A delegation of representatives from local government, business and education to Lincolnshire's sister region - Hunan Province, China. The visit will be centred in the province capital, Changsha, a thriving city of @7 m people.
Traditionally Hunan is a centre of Chinese agriculture and industrial production of heavy duty trucks and vehicles. These industries are now in need of modernisation and this requirement provides many significant opportunities for Lincolnshire businesses.
Over the last few years, Lincolnshire County Council has been developing a successful civic relationship with senior officials from the Hunan Provincial government. These civic level relationships are extremely important in supporting the development of trade links with China. By joining this delegation, you will have the support of Lincolnshire County Council, the Department of International Trade (DIT), the China Britain Business Council (CBBC) and the China Britain Regional Initiative (CBRI) as well as the Hunan provincial government. It is a great opportunity not to be missed.
The key objectives of the mission are to:
- Bring Agri-Tech experts and businesses from Lincolnshire to Hunan and hold discussions with key stakeholders. The aim is to establish a new Lincolnshire-Hunan communication channel which will lead to future trade deals.
- Progress the 6 priority projects ratified by the Hunan Government officials in July 2019, which include projects that support the development of trade in priority sectors such as education and culture.
- Endorse current education collaborations between the two regions and explore the appetite to develop new programmes.
- Use the opportunity to raise awareness of Lincolnshire’s tourism offer, heritage and products.
During your time in China you will have the opportunity to take part in a wide variety of activities which will help your business to build key relationships which may result in you securing new business. The schedule includes opportunities for:
- One to one meetings with a pre-arranged selection of relevant buyers
- Meetings with senior officials from the Hunan Provincial Government
- Taking part in networking events
- Meetings with senior officials from Hunan higher and further education providers
- Opportunities to undertake business tours
- Opportunities to take in some of Changsha's cultural sights
Funding of up to £940 is available from the Department of International Trade to support eligible SMEs with the cost of airfare and hotels.
In addition, the China Britain Business Council will support businesses who are new to the Chinese market with a one to one meeting to provide further information about trading with China and to provide cultural hints and tips to help business understand the practicalities of doing business with China.
The delegation will be in Changsha between 12th to 15th November, but businesses that have wider interests in China may take advantage of the opportunity to visit the CIIE event in Shanghai which is being held between 5th and 10th November. This huge trade event will feature 7 exhibition themes: Sci-tech, Automobile, High-end Equipment & Intelligent Manufacturing, Medical Equipment & Health Care Products, Quality Life, Trade in Services, and Food & Agricultural Products. Hunan business will be exhibiting at the event also. See here for further information. If this option is of interest, DIT colleagues in Shanghai would be able to support you with this additional element of the trip.
Interested businesses would need to book their own flight and travel to and from the UK airport. Direct flights from Heathrow to Changsha with Hainan Airways run on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but flight options from Humberside via Schiphol are also available. Outbound flights usually arrive the following day.
A block booking of rooms has been secured at the Changsha Intercontinental Hotel at a preferential rate for delegates of @£90 per night, using the delegation booking code which will be provided. See here for further hotel information.
Transportation for delegates to group activities will be provided
Delegates will need to cover subsistence costs outside of any formal dinners / lunches provided by our Hunan hosts.
· Lincolnshire County Council can assist delegates with an invitation letter to support an application for a Chinese Visa. Delegates will need to plan to visit the Chinese Embassy in person in either Manchester or London to provide biometric information to obtain a visa. We recommend the use of a third party visa agency such as Star Visas to assist with this process.
If this is delegation please register your interest with Simon.Murphy@Lincolnshire.gov.uk by Friday 4th October.