What is the grant available for?
The Flood Recovery Framework (FRF) has been triggered by the severe flooding events that occurred between Friday 8 November 2019 and Monday 18th November 2019, and support will be targeted to businesses affected by these specific events.
The government has announced details of a Business Recovery Grant (BRG) for businesses impacted by the recent flooding across the county. Lincolnshire County Council has responsibility for managing this Fund within the County in line with government guidance.
Any eligibility criteria
The guidance from the government to date confirms that BRG can only be paid to:
- SMEs - small and medium sized businesses (1) – i.e. larger and local businesses part of a national chain are likely to be ineligible;
- SME properties that have been directly impacted by flooding – i.e. businesses experiencing flood damage to the property, equipment and/or stock;
- SME properties that have been indirectly impacted by flooding – i.e. businesses having had no / highly-restricted access to premises, equipment and / or stock as a result of flooding; having restricted access for customers, suppliers and / or staff and directly suffered a loss of trade as a result.
In line with the government’s established frameworks, the Council has received confirmation that BRG cannot be used in the following circumstances:
- where a business has made no efforts to seek appropriate insurance;
- where a business has failed to take recommended measures following previous flooding;
- for routine business expenses / costs recoverable elsewhere.
Public bodies with properties impacted by the flooding cannot be supported through this grant.
- An SME is defined as a business having no more than 249 employees AND either a turnover of less than €50M (£42.85M) or a balance sheet of less than €43M (£36.85M). A business that is part of a larger group will need to include staff headcount / turnover / balance sheet data from that group too. The formal definition can be found here https://ec.europa.eu/growth/smes/business-friendly-environment/sme-definition_en
What grant amounts are available?
The maximum grant available is £2,500
How to apply for the grant?
Please click HERE for more information and to complete an application form.
Lincolnshire County Council
Closing Date: 31/03/2020