What is the grant available for?
The grant is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to support the cost of working with an external expert/coach of your choice to implement a pre-agreed improvement project. The scope of the project will be specific to each applicant’s growth needs, showcased through a manufacturing diagnostic tool and will be agreed in advance with a Manufacturing Growth Manager.
It will typically cover:
- GROWTHmapper – a manufacturing specific diagnostic tool resulting in a comprehensive report of the current state of the business
- Expert manufacturing growth manager input – to create an effective action plan that will analyse, recommend and support the implementation of a improvement project
- The grant will be paid directly towards the implementation of an improvement project via an external expert/coach to deliver
Percentage of project cost
43% grant contribution. Grant values are specific to each business application. Maximum project value of £10,000 with a minimum grant value of £1,000. Capital grants are available and will be considered for exceptional cases (subject to panel approval).
Any eligibility criteria
To apply you must be:
1. an SME as defined by the EU definition. This means your company or group of companies must have:
a. Fewer than 250 employees
b. A turnover less than or equal to €50 million OR
c. A balance sheet total less than or equal to €43 million
2. A manufacturer, defined as:
“A business that engages in any economic activity directly related to a product or production process they have researched, designed or produced, or otherwise hold core intellectual property in.”
If you are unsure if you meet this definition, please get in touch with your local MGM
Businesses operating mainly in the following sectors are unfortunately not eligible:
• Fishery and aquaculture
• Primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products
• Coal, steel and shipbuilding
• Synthetic fibres
To be suitable for the Manufacturing Growth Programme you must be able to demonstrate an intention to grow/improve. This may be through the creation of increased turnover, increased jobs, improved productivity and/or the introduction of a new product, service or process.
Any required delivery targets / outcome required
Grant supported improvement projects must be completed, paid and claimed for within 4 months of grant confirmation.
SME beneficiaries are at liberty to select any consultant/coach of their choice provided they can evidence adherence to EU procurement rules requiring them to invite a quotation for the work and justify value for money in their selection.
Who provides the grant?
Economic Growth Solutions, part of Oxford Innovation.
How to apply for the grant?
Manufacturing Growth Programme
Closing Date: 31/12/2022