Every day is a learning day. This also rings true for every employee everywhere. As an employer, you might think that training your workforce often is not worth the time, money or effort.
However, regular training can help develop skills and unlock new opportunities for your business to thrive in. Research has shown that equipping your employees with the skills that your business needs can:
- increase their productivity and quality of work
- increase your overall profits
- improve employee motivation
- improve customer satisfaction
- give you a competitive advantage
- reduce staff turnover and absenteeism
- help you to promote internally rather than paying costly recruitments charges to employ someone new
Measuring the impact of training on your business is difficult, but according to studies not only is there an impact on those who have received training, but untrained workers also appear to be more productive when their peers have been trained.
Furthermore, offering your employees regular training shows that you are invested in their personal development. It sounds cheesy, but it shows that you care about them which will always bring a smile to their faces!