What is the Business Support?
A programme to develop business advantage:
The external environment is experiencing unprecedented change, and the role of business in shaping the future has never been more important. With political uncertainty at an all time high, shifting societal expectations and rapid technological progress, it is essential to develop the capability across your business to respond to new risks and opportunities.
This programme equips participants with a broad understanding of how to navigate the political and economic context, manage external stakeholders and collaborate with government to drive change.
What could it do for your company?
- Enhance your organisations strategic understanding of how to use and influence external stakeholders to gain competitive advantage
- Learn to navigate political and economic context
- Access subject matter experts, diverse peer group and an accelerated learning environment
- Get early insight into the key policy decisions impacting business from CBI policy experts, business leaders and political stakeholders
- Appreciate how societal expectations and technological progress are changing the role of business and government.
Download the brochure here to find out more.
Programme content and delivery:
Two modules on 29-30 March 2023 in London:
- Understanding the external environment and how to campaign and influence for success
- Policy and influencing in Westminster and Whitehall
One module on 10-11 May 2023 at a UK region:
- Working with devolved administrations in the regions and nations
Two modules on 14-15 June 2023 in London:
- The EU and its institutions
- The impact of global politics on business and trade
One module on 11-12 July 2023 in London:
- Developing your competitive advantage
Who should apply?
The Programme is designed to better equip experienced professionals in business unit roles, who need to broaden their external perspective and develop their capabilities to succeed in their current or planned future role.
Equally, the Programme is suitable as part of an induction to a role requiring an increased strategic or external focus and/or government engagement. Finally, the programme has a valuable role to play in the induction of those starting in a government/public affairs role.
It is encouraged that applications from talented individuals from all sizes and sectors of business are received.
Note that the programme starts 29 March 2023.
Who runs it?
How to find out more?
To find out more please visit Foundations Programme | CBI