WOULD YOU LIKE TO BETTER UNDERSTAND HOW TO HANDLE AND MANAGE EMPLOYER TASKS?
Day 1: Wednesday 7th March
Day 2: Wednesday 14th March
Location: Riseholme College
Delivered by: Chris Moses, Personnel and Advice Solutions Ltd.
Lunch and refreshments included
The course is broken down over 2 days giving delegates the opportunity to get fully stuck in to each session and gain essential knowledge and understanding for how to handle and manage employer tasks in the workplace.
Each session is designed to help and show employers how to confidently, efficiently and effectively carry out statutory employer tasks including recruitment, contracts, troubleshooting and managing absenteeism.
Chris Moses will talk through the correct procedures and processes for managing and handling staff during different circumstances.
What will attendees gain from the course
Day 1 - will focus on recruitment, induction and employment contracts, and trouble shooting for employers.
As part of this Chris Moses will be taking delegates through the following;
- How to recruit, advertise and interview new staff;
- What the primary features of an employment contract i.e. permanent/part-time role, weekly working hours, salary, health & safety and entitlement to working in the U.K, as well as getting the correct paperwork together;
- Staff statutory entitlements including holiday pay, sick pay, maternity/paternity and shared parental leave;
- How to go about making any changes to employee terms and conditions.
- Handling and managing informal disciplinary problems with staff and carrying out the correct procedures;
- Going through and ensuring your business policies are compliant with statutory/ACAS guidelines in managing grievance and disciplinary problems.
Day 2 - will focus on managing absenteeism helping employers to properly;
- Investigate reasons for absenteeism and employee health problems;
- How to go about getting advice from Doctors or other occupational health services;
- Make reasonable adjustments to support and accommodate employees with health problems;
- Dismiss staff on capability grounds and how to navigate the pitfalls during such circumstances.
Light refreshments and lunch will be available for all attendees, and to help get things started, all attendees will be provided with the relevant template documents which will include;
- Draft contracts
- Induction records
- Holiday forms
- Discipline and Grievance letters
- Medical report requests
This 2-day workshop is interactive and is limited to a maximum of 15 delegates only.
Are you Eligible? - Places are free
In order to attend this workshop you must satisfy the following criteria:
- That you or a representative from your business can attend both days
- That your business registered with HMRC and has less than 250 employees
- That your business’s registered address is located within one of the following Local Authorities areas:
- North Kesteven District Council
- City of Lincoln Council
- West Lindsey District Council
To check your business is eligible and to reserve your free place please contact us 01522 523333 or email email@example.com
You can look up your Local Authority here Post Code Check