freshbusinessthinking.com in association with BT Skills for Tomorrow have designed a series of webinars to support small businesses and entrepreneurs with news, information and advice as the economic impacts of the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak continues to hit small businesses and entrepreneurs across the UK.
14:00 - 15:00 Protecting Brand Equity on Marketplaces
More details about the session
In the first quarter of 2020 Amazon reached the $1 trillion market cap, as net sales rose to $46bn up 26% for the same period last year. At the same time Debenhams, John Lewis, Beales and several other high-street retailers were announcing they’re on the brink of collapse. It’s the end of an era not only for some of Britain’s longest-standing department stores but also for the brands that rely on them to supply their products.
For many brands in this space, operating in the B2B market, it made logical business sense to jump to an e-retailer to compensate during the time of crisis and dip their toe in the D2C space online.
With commerce now well into recovery, it’s a great time for businesses to reevaluate their marketing plans and contemplate if the decisions made during a period of crisis will withstand. Marketplaces offer a great solution to start selling online with a straightforward onboarding process and all eCommerce functionality built-in, but are marketplaces the right way forward for your brand?
Jake Welsh, Principal Brand Consultant and Director at Dept Agency will discuss how FMCG brands may thrive on marketplaces, whereas, luxury and influential brands rely on storytelling to engage with their consumers. Jake will use examples to explain there is no one size fits all solution and how various brands can find their footing with marketplaces whilst continuing to protect brand equity.
1. Go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84362237109 at the time the webinar goes live to join.
2. You can join on mobile, tablet or desktop. However you decide, please ensure you have downloaded the Zoom app to attended.
More about the speaker
Jake Welsh has a passion for the art of creative storytelling. With a background in web design, Jake Welsh is the founder of experience design agency e3creative which joined international digital agency Dept in 2019. Dept has a team of over 1,500 experienced thinkers and makers innovating in offices across the world.
BT Skills For Tomorrow
With the spread of the coronavirus, having the right digital skills to do business online is more important than ever. That’s why BT developed new learning content and is working with a range of brilliant partners, such as Google Digital Garage, Small Business Britain and Great British Entrepreneur Awards to run a host of free webinars with experts to help SMEs cope.
These online courses will help SME owners and their employees improve their digital skills through new online tools, social media advice and new digital tips and tricks, empowering them with the skills they need today during these challenging times.
Our Skills for Tomorrow website also brings together a series of free business-focused courses.
Terms and conditions
1. Eventbrite is a third-party application. This means it is not owned or operated by BT or Adobe. If you use this application, you must sign up to Eventbrite’s terms of service and policy and do so at your own risk.
2. By supplying your personal details, you consent to BT contacting you about this event.
4. There are limited places available for Skills for Tomorrow. Places will be allocated on first served registration basis.
5. If BT are unable to allocate a place for a particular workshop, they will contact you informing you of this and, subject to availability, will provide details of any spaces remaining at alternative locations.
25/09/2020 14:00 - 15:00
BT Skills for Tomorrow