About the Greater Lincolnshire Manufacturing Network:
An exciting new initiative founded by the School of Engineering and Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership (GLLEP) Manufacturing Board, offering huge potential to support the manufacturing sector across the county and bridge the gap between academia and manufacturing businesses.
The LEP Manufacturing Strategy identified greater alignment between the manufacturing sector, the University of Lincoln, and the wider community, and this new network aims to facilitate visibility, accessibility and engagement with our Schools of Engineering, Chemistry and the broader College of Science.
The network will work to support the growth and development of SMEs by promoting best practice, manufacturing solutions and partnership opportunities, and will showcase technological advances, cutting edge thinking and act as a knowledge-transfer vehicle between academia and industry.
GLMN will provide a knowledge-intensive business corridor locally at the heart of the manufacturing business in Greater Lincolnshire and will be open to all manufacturing businesses in Greater Lincolnshire and Rutland. The network will be piloted for 1 year and members will be able to join free of charge.
To express an interest in membership or for more information please email the GLMN team via firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on manufacturing support in our region can also be found on Business Lincolnshire's Manufacturing Support page.
The University of Lincoln and GLLEP Manufacturing Board are pleased to welcome you to "Manufacturing Made Smarter", the first virtual meeting of the Greater Lincolnshire Manufacturing Network.
This inaugural meeting will kick-start our programme of interactive events, bringing together business leaders, industry specialists and academics to support the manufacturing sector across the region.
As well as introducing you to the team behind this new network, this event will outline what members can expect from GLMN and the year ahead.
The content of each event will focus on a prevalent topic or theme relevant to manufacturing, with our first being “Making Manufacturing Smarter” with digitalisation and Industry 4.0.
Our programme of knowledgeable speakers will offer their insights and experiences on this subject, including:
- Darren Joint, Managing Director of Viking Signs and Chair of the Greater Lincolnshire LEP Manufacturing Board
- Mike Hague-Morgan, Co-Owner & Commercial Director of Autocraft
- Mini Saaj, Global Chair in Robotic Engineering, University of Lincoln
In this interactive session, we’ll work together to tackle important questions, such as:
- How is the Industry 4.0 landscape looking in our region?
- What are the challenges SMEs are facing in digitalising manufacturing processes?
- What are some of the potential solutions?
- Are there any funding mechanisms to support businesses developing digitalised processes?
• This event will take place online via Microsoft Teams, with instructions for joining circulated in advance.
• This is an interactive network where participation from delegates is expected.
• Please note we are only able to offer one place per company to ensure we can support as many businesses as possible. To qualify for membership, your business must be a small to medium enterprise (SME) based in Greater Lincolnshire or Rutland within the manufacturing sector. Apologies, it does not support intermediaries, public bodies or financial sector businesses.
03/11/2020 08:30 - 10:00
The University of Lincoln & GLLEP