Aims and Objectives
Through training, discussion, case studies and exercises, the programme is designed:
– To give delegates a thorough understanding of the main documentary requirements and legal obligations placed upon them when exporting from the UK
– To ensure delegates are aware of record keeping requirements as demanded by HMRC – the “Audit Trail”
– To assist exporters minimise unnecessary costs and delays in delivery
– Delegates will be able to produce export documents both correctly and cost-effectively
– Delegates will be able to meet the legal obligations demanded of exporters when despatching goods overseas – especially those of meeting UK/EU origin requirements
– Delegates will be able to improve their chances of getting paid more quickly
– Introduction to the programme
– Why is this programme needed? – Case studies of export disasters!
– Getting the basics right – simple tips and hints to minimise future problems
– Sources of information – What information an exporter needs to access and why
The export steps, records that need to be kept, software for producing documents, “on-line or hard copy”?
A study of documentary content – including what each item relates to – and why it is there. With specific emphasis on finding commodity codes, understanding and meeting origin requirements – and using Incoterms 2020 correctly.
– Commercial – with specific reference to the export invoice (including VAT considerations at export). Also covers quotations and packing lists
– Origin – EC C/O, ABCC C/O, EUR1s and the ATR. The session will involve the use of eCert, authentication procedure, correct completion ,Wet/Dry authentication, typical errors and how to avoid them
– Other official documents produced by exporter – but required by both exporters and importers – including pre-shipment inspection, quality documents and export licences
– Getting the good shipped – Information and documents required by the forwarder
– Transport documents – Bills of Lading, AWBs and CMR – and their significance as proofs of export
– Working with HMRC – their role, record keeping for Customs’ and the necessary documents –C88s
10/12/2020 09:30 - 15:30
Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce