Discover your opportunities at one of the leading global video games conferences. GDC could be your platform to success and enable you to strengthen your business within the United States and beyond.
The Department for Business and Trade is delighted to announce plans to take a UK delegation to the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco from Sunday 17 to Friday 22 March 2024. At this time, they are calling for expressions of interest from companies based in the Midlands Engine, Northern Powerhouse, and the Southern England region of the UK. Companies based in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are also welcome to express their interest but certain programme activities may not be available in your area.
Pre-Mission Drop-In Session
Join the Department for Business and Trade for their exclusive pre-mission webinar on Thursday 16 November 2023 and find out about the opportunities that await at GDC. Get some practical tips in advance and explore if the mission is for you.
Why join the trade mission to GDC?
As the leading global video games conference, GDC could be your platform to success and enable you to strengthen your reputation within the United States. The USA video game market size is estimated to be worth £71 billion - one of the highest in the industry and you could be part of it!
Attendees include developers, publishers, programmers, artists, producers, funders and major platforms and technology providers such as Microsoft, Apple, Nintendo, Sony, Google, and Meta.
The exclusive offer for your business
Successful applicants will benefit from a variety of activities as part of the mission, including:
- Pre-mission support
- A series of US market entry sessions
- Commercial development meetings
- Support from DBT partner Game Republic
- Access to the Meet-to-Match Meeting Booking Platform
- Access to the Werqwise Lounge to host meetings and utilise as a base for the week of GDC. (Close to the GDC site)
- Panel discussions and pitching opportunities
- B2B meeting opportunities
- Promotion of your company whilst in market through DBT and partners
- Exclusive UK Games showcase evening
- DBT hosted networking reception
- Access to DBT partner UK Interactive Entertainment (UKIE)?networking events
- Private investor networking reception
- Express your interest by 11:59pm (BST) on Monday 4 December 2023
- You company must be based within the UK
- Places are limited and are subject to availability and eligibility
- Some activities may be limited to one delegate per company
Please note: there is a cost of £220.00 plus VAT payable to DBT USA, to join this mission which will secure your place and gives you access to all programme activities. We can only guarantee your place once payment has been made.
Companies are also required to cover their own costs to get to the mission including flights, accommodation, GDC expo passes, subsistence etc.
To express your interest click here.
18/03/2024 - 22/03/2024 -
The Department for Business and Trade