Through a range of keynote speakers, workshops and panel discussions the 2024 Conference will focus on the evolution of the Chamber’s “A Centre of Trading Excellence – A Business Manifesto for Growth in the East Midlands and Beyond”.
Unpicking the four “I’s” of Investment, Innovation, Infrastructure and International Trade we will explore the current economic and political environment, the opportunities and challenges for the sector and how we draw on the amazing regional assets that will impact regional growth and prosperity.
In a year of major economic and political change it is essential to understand where you can enact change, ensuring everyone protects the industrial heritage and drive growth and competitiveness in the right way in the East Midlands.
A full agenda will be announced in due course, detail to date:
– Welcome to the Conference – Professor Nick Jennings, Vice Chancellor and President, Loughborough University
– Sector overview: Make UK – Chris Corkan, Region Director, Midlands & East of England & Affiliates Partner Programme, Make UK
– Briefing on latest Innovation in UK Manufacturing – Steve Morris MBA, Sales & Commercial Director, Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC)
The latest innovations within UK Manufacturing focussing on Innovation in Product Design & Build including sustainability and circularity. This will include a focus on supply chains including links to international trading and the shortening of supply chains through re-shoring & onshoring through the application of new technologies.
– Inward Investment: East Midlands Freeport – the role of the Freeport in supporting increased inward investment, as a custom site and creating supply chain opportunities – Jonathan Rawcliffe, Inward Investment Lead
– International Trade: The current state of play and future plans with regards to the Government’s Export Strategy – Ian Harrison, Head of Export Development, Midlands, UK Trade Delivery, Department for Business and Trade
– International Trade: East Midlands Airport – East Midlands Airport (EMA) is home to the UK’s largest dedicated air cargo operation, making it the country’s most important airport for express freight. Handling over 440,000 tonnes of goods each year, EMA is a hub for DHL, UPS, FedEx and Royal Mail. Being only a four-hour truck drive to 90% of the population of England and Wales, EMA is perfectly positioned to ensure goods flown in and out of the country are with customers who need them most urgently – we will hear how we can draw on this regional asset.
– Panel discussion and Q & A.
– Workshop topics include: East Midlands Manufacturing Network, Made Smarter, Augmented Reality, 3D Printing and more.
On the day there will be an opportunity to take an exhibition stand, for more detail please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see a list of exhibitors who have already booked their stand. Please click here.
There are some remaining sponsorship opportunities, to discuss this further please email email@example.com
To find out more please click here.
James France Building, Loughborough University
26/03/2024 09:00 - 13:00
East Midlands Chamber