The Business Lincolnshire website contains a whole host of useful self help information from information about funding and support, to useful online tools and information about other sources of assistance within the Agriculture and Horticulture Industry Support pages.
Our Agricultural and Horticultural Adviser Paul Ward can help businesses in a range of areas, including those listed below. He is also able to link businesses to wider support available such as through the Food Enterprise Zones and Agri-Tech launchpad, and with National support such as schemes offered by DEFRA.
- Going Digital - How to get the best internet service in your area and upgrade your website.
- Automation - Support on how to increase efficiency, ranging from AI, to analysing data, optical sorting and full robotic automation.
- Guidance on importing and exporting - Discover the latest sector-specific information regarding importing and exporting, following the UK’s exit from the EU.
- Plant health guidance - Find out more about plant health requirements following the EU exit.
- Labour - Guidance and support on:
- Already registered/settled workers
- Frontier visa requirements
- Friends and family of settled workers
- Environment and Sustainability - Advice on how to measure your carbon footprint and guidance on creating an Integrated Farm Management Plan, as well as soil health and management.
- EU exit guidance and sector-specific topics -Advice on changes to the pesticide and MRL regulations, impact on trade with EU and Northern Ireland, and more.
There are significant opportunities for businesses looking to play an active role in the technological revolution of the UK agri-food industry, with Greater Lincolnshire providing the perfect ecosystem to design, manufacture and commercialise robotics and automation solutions for the entire food supply chain. Learn more about the Automation in Food Processing High Potential Opportunity here.