There are a number of organisations that work nationally to support businesses like yours to trade overseas. These organisations provide different sorts of support, from an online workshop to one to one advisory support to support with trade missions and lots more. More information about these organisations and schemes can be found below:
Department for International Trade (DIT)
The Department for International Trade (DIT) secures UK and global prosperity by promoting and financing international trade and investment, and championing free trade. DIT can help your business grow in new markets.
Visit great.gov.uk to:
- create an export plan
- identify high-potential markets for your products
- access free online lessons to build your knowledge of selling internationally
- search and apply for live export opportunities
- explore e-commerce options and support to sell online internationally
- explore finance an insurance options from UK Export Finance
Other support on offer includes:
- UK Export Academy – A free, comprehensive training offer for UK businesses featuring masterclasses, events, mentoring and roundtables.
- International-trade advisers (England only) – If you lack the expertise or contacts to explore a new international market, connecting with an international-trade adviser (ITA) can help. ITAs can provide you with market advice, support you with overseas visits and events, and help you identify potential in-market partners. Details of your local ITA can be found here:
- Events – find events relevant to you and register for seminars, workshops and trade shows at events.great.gov.uk.
- UK Tradeshow Programme – UK companies can apply for help to attend, or exhibit at, select overseas trade shows and conferences, potentially including grants to offset some costs.
- The Export Support Service (ESS) is the Department of International Trade’s (DIT) single point of contact for UK businesses to ask questions about exporting and has helped many make progress on their export journey. Through the service, businesses can arrange a call back with a DIT trade specialist to help them with their trade needs. This service also supports businesses with questions about exporting to Ukraine, Belarus and Russia.
- International market support – If your product or service is ready to export but you lack contacts overseas, you may be eligible for DIT’s international market support, offering a wide range of reports and in-market introductions tailored to your requirements. Find out more at: uk/guidance/access-international-market-export-support.
- Internationalisation Fund (England only) – English businesses may be eligible for a grant of up to £9,000 to offset costs associated with helping them export, including market research, translation and social media.
- UK Export Finance (UKEF) works in partnership with banks and brokers to help businesses by offering finance and insurance to help businesses export goods and services to help ensure no credible UK export fails due to lack of funding or insurance.
DIT also has topic specialists, who can help businesses with areas such as e-commerce and market research. There are also sector specialists with an in depth knowledge of sectors such as Food and Drink, Education, Sustainable Construction, Automotive and future Mobility, FMCG, Advanced Manufacturing, Clean Growth, Finance, Professional and Business Services, Defence and Cyber Security.
DIT is taking advantage of the UK government’s presence in more than 180 countries to deliver sector and market-specific advice to forward-thinking, high-growth businesses, helping them to grow their business internationally.
Replacing the Export Support Service is the DIT single point of contact for UK businesses to ask questions about exporting and has helped many make progress on their export journey. Contact the export support team if you’re a UK business selling goods or services to another country here.
Made in the UK, Sold to the World
Made in the UK, Sold to the World promotes the government’s priority sectors with the aim of doubling UK exports and helping businesses to take advantage of untapped opportunities overseas.
The Midlands Export Champions represent companies right across the Midlands who are dedicated to growing their exports and who have made a commitment to helping other companies do the same. The Export Champions work with the Department for International Trade to complement their services and assist other businesses on their export journeys.
In Lincolnshire, our Champions are:
- Andrew Vear - Badges Limited
- Liz Villani - Courageous Success Limited
- Matt Gilmartin - Concept Smokescreen Limited
- Michael Brunton - Henley Associates Ltd
- Rob King - Northcore Limited
- Sandra Murphy - Equidiet (UK) Limited
Further information about Export Champions can be found in the downloadable document below.
China Britain Business Council
The China Britain Business Council (CBBC) has a team of advisers in the UK and China who have in-depth experience, knowledge and an established track record of guiding British companies considering taking their first steps doing business in China. If you are interested in accessing any of the CBBC services, as a starting point contact Lincolnshire's local Adviser, David Gregory on 07415 985383 or via email at David.Gregory@cbbc.org.