LEADER provides EU funding to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises in the Greater Lincolnshire area for projects that can help the rural economy grow.
So far the programme has granted over £2.5m to 74 local businesses and organisations across the county, creating 155 direct jobs. There is still funding available, but businesses have only until 1 September to submit an expression of interest.
Projects already supported include:
- Conversion of a redundant farm building to a micro-brewery and the purchase of the brewing equipment
- A wrapping machine for packing broccoli and cabbage to supermarket standards
- A new packing warehouse for a mail order business
- An Indoor children's play barn at a farm attraction
- Luxury wooden Wigwams to expand existing and create new glamping sites
- A new build multi-purpose village hall/community hub
- Fitting out a new café/bar in a growing village
Some of the businesses who are already benefitting from LEADER funding speak about their experience on our new case study videos. You can view these at https://youtu.be/tSZKF8nvl7s.