What is the Business Support?
Join 30,000 senior leaders taking part in a practical management training programme, developed in collaboration with industry and delivered by world-class business schools, accredited by the Small Business Charter.
The Help to Grow: Management Course supports senior managers of small and medium sized businesses to boost their business’s performance, resilience, and long-term growth.
The 12-week programme is designed to be taken alongside full-time work through a combination of online sessions and face-to-face learning. The cost to attend is also 90% funded by the Government.
The in-depth high quality curriculum will support you to build your capabilities in leadership, innovation, digital adoption, employee engagement, marketing, responsible business, and financial management. By the end of the programme you will develop a business growth plan to help you lead your business to release its potential.
Take your business to the next level with the government’s new Help to Grow programme. The programme will help small and medium sized businesses across the UK learn new skills, reach new customers and boost profits.
You could get an Executive Development programme that could help you improve business performance and growth potential through Help to Grow: Management
What is it?
Designed to be manageable alongside full-time work, this programme will support small business leaders to develop their strategic skills with key modules covering financial management, innovation and digital adoption. By the end of the programme participants will develop a tailored business growth plan to lead their business to its full potential.
30,000 places are be available over 3 years. The programme is 90% subsidised by government – participants will be charged £750.
Facilitated by small business experts from leading university business schools located near you, this practical programme takes place over three months. The short focused sessions allow you to complete the course alongside running your business. It includes both online and face-to-face sessions, alongside peer support and 1:1 mentoring.
A practical curriculum which features:
- Eight facilitated online two-hour sessions
- Four practical, face-to-face case study workshops
- 10 hours of one-to-one support from a mentor with experience of running a business, providing you with personalised support to develop your own business growth plan
- Peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- Access to the Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
Who is it for?
UK businesses from any sector that have been operating for more than 1 year, with between 5 to 249 employees are eligible.
The participant should be a decision maker or member of the senior management team within the business e.g. Chief Executive, Finance Director etc.
Charities are not eligible.
To join the Help to Grow: Management Course, your business must:
- Be a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- From any business sector, employing between 5 and 249 people
- Have been operational for at least one year
- Not be a charity
To join the Help to Grow: Management Course, the applicant must:
- Be a senior decision maker, such as Chief Executive, Finance Director, Operations Director, etc. (Please note, only one person per business can attend the programme)
- Commit to completing all sessions
What could it do for your company?
- Develop a Growth Action Plan uniquely tailored to helping you to lead and grow your business.
- Develop your leadership and management skills, enhancing employee wellbeing and engagement in the process.
- Recognise what drives productivity and growth in your market and understand what this means for your business.
- Learn how to advance responsible business practices, including how you create an inclusive workplace and greener workplace practices.
- Understand how to innovate your business model, including how to adopt and invest in new and digital technologies.
- Identify key domestic and export markets for your business and develop strategies for market segmentation, positioning and targeting.
- Develop strategies to improve operational efficiency, saving time and money.
Who runs it?
The following contact information covers the East Midlands Universities delivering this scheme, but businesses can access the scheme through any partcipating University.
University of Lincoln - Lincoln International Business School
De Montfort University:
- Dr Dyneshia Johnson is the Programme Director. The Programme Manager is Jackie Cooper - email Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ian Harmer, Business Coordinator, email@example.com 0116 252 2167
Nottingham Trent University
University of Nottingham
- Dr Robert Wapshott firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Derby
How to find out more?
To find out more about the Help to Grow programme please click here.