What is the grant available for?
The funding will support projects across the three Launchpad competition strands that target the innovation cluster in Eastern England. The aim of this competition is to support outstanding innovation projects led by businesses. Your business must be active or growing work activities in the agri-tech and food technology innovation cluster in Eastern England.
Eastern England is defined as the Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership area, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk and Suffolk.
This Launchpad competition supports the Government’s goals in the Levelling Up White Paper.
The projects will contribute to Eastern England’s innovation ambitions for the agri-food cluster.
Percentage of project cost
For industrial research projects, you could get funding for your eligible project costs of:
- up to 70% if you are a micro or small organisation
- up to 60% if you are a medium sized organisation
- up to 50% if you are a large organisation
For experimental development projects which are nearer to market, you could get funding for your eligible project costs of:
- up to 45% if you are a micro or small organisation
- up to 35% if you are a medium sized organisation
- up to 25% if you are a large organisation
The research organisations undertaking non-economic activity as part of the project can share up to 30% of the total eligible project costs. If your consortium contains more than one research organisation undertaking non-economic activity, this maximum is shared between them. Of that 30% you could get funding for your eligible project costs of up to:
- 80% of full economic costs (FEC) if you are a Je-S registered institution such as an academic
- 100% of your project costs if you are an RTO, charity, not for profit organisation, public sector organisation or research organisation
Any eligibility criteria
Any required delivery targets / outcome required
Your project must focus on one or more of the following:
- enhancing the productivity of primary crops, the bioeconomy, livestock, aquaculture or ornamental plants
- biotechnologies related to agriculture, food and nutrition
- food that promotes safe, healthy and nutritious diets
- resource efficient production methods for low emission foods
Your project must lead to increased investment into research and innovation. It must contribute to growing business activities and economic impact in the cluster.
Your proposal must explain how your team and project will contribute to equality, diversity and inclusivity (EDI) in the cluster.
What grant amounts are available?
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, is to invest up to £2 million in innovation projects.
Your project’s total grant funding request must be between £150,000 and £300,000.
Who provides the grant?
This funding is from Innovate UK.
How to apply for the grant?
Before submitting, it is the lead applicant’s responsibility to make sure:
- all the information provided in the application is correct
- your proposal meets the eligibility and scope criteria
- all sections of the application are marked as complete
- all partners have completed all assigned sections and accepted the terms and conditions (T&Cs)
The application is split into four sections:
- Project details.
- Application questions.
- Project Impact.
To help you with applying for this click here
0300 321 4357
Closing Date: 06/12/2023