What is the Business Support?
Our Accelerator Programmes provide a package of master-classes, mentor-led guidance, and access to people willing to share knowledge, contacts and experience - all designed to accelerate your business to the next level. In addition, there is an opportunity to pitch for seed-funding and learn about other sources of available funding.
Our Accelerator Programmes are ideally suited to businesses that have been running for about 1-3 years.
They are aimed at entrepreneurs in Boston, Grimsby and Scunthorpe (and surrounding areas).
- Businesses based in Boston, Grimsby or Scunthorpe or surrounding areas
- Business that are ideally 1-3 years old
- Business within the following industries: Logistics or Manufacturing & Advanced Engineering
- An SME employing fewer than 250 people and with an annual turnover under €50m
- In receipt of less than €200k of De Minimis state aid in the past 3 years
Ineligible businesses include:
- Primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products, supported by EAFRD
- Coal, steel and shipbuilding sectors
- The synthetic fibres sector
- Generalised (school age) education
- Banking and insurance companies
- Retail business or retail service business such as restaurants, hairdressers etc.
- The programme cannot support replacement/upgrade of existing like for like machinery or any activity/purchase which is considered as an every day business activity
What could it do for your company?
Our mission is to provide a supportive environment where entrepreneurs get practical help to make significant improvements to their businesses. Businesses accepted onto the programme can expect to:
- Learn strategies to drive success and avoid failure
- Receive mentoring and advice from industry experts
- Have access to the resources of the University
- Develop connections with like-minded entrepreneurs
- Learn the art of presenting and articulating a business idea
- Pitch their businesses to a panel of experts – with the best businesses receiving funding
- Ongoing support via our alumni club.
Who runs it?
University of Lincoln.
How to find out more?
To find out more or to apply for the programme please visit https://productivityhubs.co.uk/accelerator/
What is the grant available for?
Businesses that successfully complete the Accelerator programme will have an opportunity to apply for seed-funding grants of up to £10,000. This seed-funding is designed to help pay for some costs associated with accelerating a business – for instance, capital items or consultancy services.
Seed-funding applications will be short-listed, with successful applicants invited to present their pitch to a panel of judges who will decide which businesses to award grants to.
Capital or Revenue or Both?
Both Capital and Revenue grants are available.
What grant amounts are available?
Businesses that successfully complete the Accelerator programme will have an opportunity to apply for seed-funding grants of up to £10,000.
Who provides the grant?
This is a University of Lincoln initiative funded by the ERDF.
How to apply for the grant?
Businesses that are part of the Accelerator Programme will be invited to pitch for funding at the end of the Accelerator Programme.