The UK Business Climate Hub is a collaboration between the UK Government, businesses and business groups across the UK. The Hub is the UK partner of the SME Climate Hub, the global initiative which empowers small and medium-sized enterprises to take climate action.
The UK Business Climate Hub includes a free carbon calculator and a suite of new tools to help businesses measure, track and report on their emissions and save money by using less energy. It offers detailed advice on everything from sourcing products from green suppliers and reducing emissions from freight and logistics to the most cost-effective ways of installing solar panels and electric vehicle (EV) charging points.
The new UK Business Climate Hub serves as a one-stop-shop for businesses who have yet to start making changes, as well as those who are already taking action to reduce emissions but want to take things to the next level. As well as helping bosses measure and report on their emissions, the site provides advice and support on an array of things, including:
- switching employee modes of transport and paying less for company EVs
- getting business grants, green loans and financing for a retrofit
- getting an air source heat pump
- generating green energy with a wind turbine and selling it back to the grid
- reducing emissions from farming and land use
- buying credible carbon offsets
- getting low-carbon product labels and certifications
- reducing waste and recycling more
To find out more and to access the UK Business Climate Hub please click here.