ChamberConnect is a series of interactive virtual events by Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce which have been designed to support businesses and their staff through the current Coronavirus crisis.
These events will allow you to learn, ask questions and stay up-to-date on a variety of topics which will be affecting your business at such an uncertain time.
Tune in via video conference app Zoom to hear from James Conduit of Sills & Betteridge.
James will be discussing common sources of problems including insolvency, director/shareholder disputes, death and incapacity.
- What is insolvency?
- Early signs of problems
- What to do and what not to do
- Powers of insolvency practitioners
- The approach taken by insolvency practitioners
Director / Shareholder disputes
- Who has the power?
- Contractual claims, unfair prejudice, derivative claims and just and equitable winding up
- Benefits of a shareholders agreement
Death and incapacity
- Control of the company
- Single shareholder director companies
- Transmission of shares on death and the relevance of the distinction between executors and administrators of an estate.
A FREE workshop funded by ERDF Collaboration 4 Growth (C4G project) in collaboration with Lincoln BIG.
This is a FREE workshop for all businesses, however priority will be given to those businesses in the eligible Collaboration 4 Growth areas of West Lindsey, City of Lincoln and North Kesteven.
Only businesses who are both operating and registered within Lincoln, North Kesteven and West Lindsey are eligible to receive up to 12 hours of business support at no cost thanks to the project funding from the European Regional Development Fund.
20/08/2020 14:00 - 15:00
Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce