The UK Government’s Border Operating Model (BOM) was published by the Cabinet Office on the 13th July. It is a 206-page plan that documents the processes and systems, across all government departments, that will be used at the borders of Great Britain from 1 January 2021 i.e. post EU transition period.
Companies engaged in trade with the EU absolutely need to understand this plan, how it stands to impact their operation, and importantly, what they need to do to prepare.
Join Andrea Collins of The Export Department for this webinar where she will be interpreting the documentation and highlighting key aspects and their practical implications for companies affected.
This is the first in a series of 10 webinars aimed at helping companies prepare for international trading post EU transition period. Future webinars include:
- Exporting post EU transition, a practical guide for novice and seasoned exporters
- Importing post EU transition, a practical guide for novice and seasoned importers
- Understanding international trade documentation post Transition Period
- Understanding the new UK Global Tariff and trading under preference
- Imported goods valuation for Customs – ensuring HMRC compliance
- The importance of Incoterms in international contracts
- Managing financial risk and getting paid when trading internationally
- Developing overseas markets and managing international partners
- Effective international supply chain management
29/09/2020 14:00 - 15:00
The Export Department