During this master class you will:
- Learn about the different roles of agents and distributors (and other routes to market)
- Review the advantages and disadvantages of each and the role of the principal (the exporter)
- Discover how to identify and select appropriate representatives
- Understand the importance of having written contracts, and the key elements that these should include
- Identify the legal requirements you should be aware of
- Takeaway practical ways of motivating and managing agents and distributors
This bonus event will be delivered by John Harrison, who has run his own training business specialising in international trade strategy since 2004. John delivers lively, thought provoking and highly interactive export workshops on behalf of the Department for International Trade, Chambers of Commerce and individual companies across the UK. He has helped businesses of all sizes to develop their sales overseas across a huge range of business sectors and covering all world markets.
What is the UK Export Academy?
The UK Export Academy from the Department for International Trade (DIT) gives businesses the know-how to sell to customers around the world by learning from experts in international trade.
- The UK Export Academy is open to any business in the UK who has a product or service that can be sold internationally. It is for businesses who know that they want to reach international customers and contracts in the future, as well as those who might already be selling beyond the UK and want to expand into new markets.
To register or find out more click here!
18/01/2023 10:00 - 12:00
The Department for International Trade