What is the grant available for?
The £50m fund is available for grants of between £3,000 and £50,000.
It is available to organisations across the full breadth of heritage, including historic sites, industrial and maritime heritage, museums, libraries and archives, parks and gardens, landscapes and nature.
Organisations which have received funding in the past or are either a current grantee, or still under contract following a previous grant, can apply.
Priority will be given where:
- there is limited or no access to other sources of support
- where heritage is most at risk
- where an organisation is at risk of severe financial crisis due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
Any eligibility criteria
Applicants must be:
- a not-for-profit organisation, and
- a current or previous recipient of a grant directly from us, and
- an owner, manager or representative of heritage, or be able to show you have delivered participatory heritage activity
Before applying, please take time to read the guidance and think about what support you need to get your organisation through the next few months. Applications will be accepted until 30 June 2020.
How to apply for the grant?
Applying for a Heritage Emergency Fund grant is different from the usual way of applying for a grant.
The application form must be completed in one go, as it cannot be saved. It is important that you prepare your application material before you start.
Before you apply:
- Find your previous grant reference number.
- Locate your organisation’s current financial information.
- Read the Heritage Emergency Fund guidance.
- Prepare your answers to the application questions.
- Prepare any supporting documents.
- Complete and submit the application form.
After you apply:
- We will email you to let you know that your application has been submitted.
- As part of this email, we will send you instructions on how to upload your supporting documents.
- Submit any supporting documents by replying to the email. We recommend you do this as soon as you receive instructions, to help us process your application.
- We will check your application details are correct.
- We will consider your application and give you a decision within two to four weeks.
The National Lottery Heritage Fund