What is the Business Support?
An initial allocation of up to three days’ business development support. When you have established community support for your idea and that you want to proceed, we will match you with one of our experienced specialist advisers who will work with you to deliver a tailored package of support. The advice available at this stage includes:
•Incorporation, legal structure and governance
•Raising finance and community shares
•Determining and measuring your chosen ‘More than a Pub’ community benefit activities
•Getting ready to trade
•Preparing your group’s application to the Loan and Grant Panel
We can provide top-up business development advice of a further day where we identify additional need, but this cannot be guaranteed.
In order to qualify for support through the More than a Pub programme, you must be based in England and:
1. Want to take ownership of a pub
2. Want to open and run a community pub
3. Be incorporated or intend to incorporate
4. Have a charitable purpose
5. Be for the benefit of the public
6. Address local needs
7. Trade for the benefit of the community
8. Run democratically
9. Have local support and investors
What is the grant available for?
The Community Pub Business Support Programme provides financial assistance to communities that are considering taking on the responsibility for and ownership of their local pub, through purchase or long-term lease. More than a Pub provides access to an end-to-end support programme including capacity building and a finance package made up of loans and grants.
Capital or Revenue or Both?
Funding can be used for capital costs only.
What grant amounts are available?
The following funding options are available:
• Bursary awards of up to £2,500 (inclusive of VAT) to fund development costs at the pre-feasibility stage of the project, which could include consultation with the community, incorporation fees, valuation and survey fees, professional services, printing and marketing.
• Loan and grant combined funding package of up to £100,000 (the maximum grant contribution is £50,000 and loan and grant funding must be made up of equal amounts).
Who provides the grant?
The grant is provided by the Plunkett Foundation
How to apply for the grant?
Please click HERE for more information and to apply for the grant and business support today!