The Manufacturing Board forms the expert and leadership group to support and accelerate the growth, productivity and competitiveness of the manufacturing economy in the Greater Lincolnshire region.
The Manufacturing Board is made up of industry experts and manufacturing business owners, bringing together private and public sector partners from the county’s ‘manufacturing community’.
The primary role of the board consists of:-
- Spear-heading the manufacturing agenda across Greater Lincolnshire
- Developing and implementing a vision and action plan for dynamic, competitive and sustainable manufacturing in the county
- Ensuring the sector can aid and contribute to the UK’s competitiveness
- Co-ordinate, facilitate and manage delivery of action and investment to support the vision and plan; reporting on progress and key issues to the LEP
- Working alongside the growth hub to ensure that the manufacturing support products are coordinated and aligned to provide manufacturing businesses with a clear route to products and expertise that will help them fulfil their growth potential
- Forming strong connections and significant relationships at national level, particularly with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, and Innovate UK
- Co-ordinating and brokering collaborative relationships around key opportunities for manufacturing within and in conjunction with the LEP
- Enabling networking and interaction between specialist sectors and other manufacturing groups, agencies and programmes
- Ensuring that the LEP is kept up to date on progress and any changes
To learn more about members of the board or to find meetings and agendas, visit the Greater Lincolnshire LEP website.