Great.Gov.UK is the Department for Business and Trade resource centre for exporters. It is also home to the DBT's Export Academy. Other exporting support schemes that your business can take advantage of include the UK Tradeshow Programme and Export Support Service. Find out more about these advice and support schemes below.
On Great.Gov.UK, you will find:
- Guidance, whether you're a new, occasional or frequent exporter
- The Selling Online Overseas tool, which can help you to discover the best digital markets for your products
- Build a business profile, and promote your products and services to buyers around the world
- Apply for grant funding
- Take a look at their Country Export Guides for selling overseas
- Search for events, trade fairs, webinars and missions relevant to your business and sector
Check them out here.
DBT's Export Academy is a series of workshops for businesses interested in exporting. These workshops highlight opportunities for potential exporters, as well as address concerns and prepare businesses for entering new markets. This programme is free and delivered virtually.
Find out more about the Export Academy here.
UK Tradeshow Programme
This new scheme encourages small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMEs) to find out more about tradeshows and how they can reap the benefits of this international stage. This programme supports SMEs with strong import potential, helping to boost their business and the UK economy.
Find out more about the UK Tradeshow Programme here.
Export Support Service
UK businesses selling goods or services to Europe can take advantage of the UK government's Export Support Team either over the phone or online. The team can advise businesses on:
- Exporting to new markets
- The necessary paperwork for selling overseas
- Rules for specific countries that you wish to export to
To speak to your local DIT team, email info@tradeEM.co.uk or call 0345 222 0159.