What is the Business Support?
The UK has set an ambitious goal of becoming net zero by 2050, with many large businesses bringing the target forward to 2030. This requires the participation of all sectors of society, including small businesses, which make up 99% of the UK’s enterprises and employ 60% of the UK workforce. Many smaller businesses may feel overwhelmed or confused by how to achieve this without spending too much or disrupting current practices.
Low Carbon Lincolnshire aims to tackle this challenge and provide much needed support to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Lincolnshire and Rutland.
Working on behalf of Business Lincolnshire, a series of workshops will be delivered by PECT’s sustainable business support team, who already work with over 300 organisations on sustainability and decarbonisation projects. The team has a solid understanding of the current trends and challenges in the field of sustainability and low carbon, as well as practical ways to implement them.
The workshop series will cover the following topics, and include 'bitesize' and virtual sessions to allow more participants to get involved, as well as longer in-person workshops planned during 2024.
- Net Zero – including definition of Net Zero, how to plan for Net Zero, organisation requirements, creating action plans and targets etc.
- Decarbonisation – including how to calculate a carbon footprint, how to analyse carbon performance and build decarbonisation plans, low carbon technologies, renewables and how to integrate the right technology, digitisation and the smart future, etc.
- Energy management – including how to measure and track performance, how to conduct on-site energy audits, etc.
- Supply chains – including how to review your procurement strategy, how to engage and communicate with suppliers, how to manage client requests about carbon performance, etc..
Each business will undergo an onboarding process at the beginning of their journey that will include a diagnostic to ensure that each workshop will be tailored to suit those attending.
This programme is available to Small to Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) located in Lincolnshire and Rutland in the following council areas: City of Lincoln, North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire, North Kesteven, South Kesteven, West Lindsey and Rutland.
What could it do for your company?
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can benefit from new opportunities and markets that are emerging as a result of the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Key benefits include (but are not limited to):
• Reduced energy costs and increased revenue
• Enhanced reputation and brand image
• Attraction of new customers and investors
If your business has not yet started working on sustainability, need support to get started or would like help with formalising environmental processes, this programme could help you.
Who runs it?
PECT, an environmental charity based in Peterborough, on behalf of Business Lincolnshire
How to find out more?
To find out more or to register your interest please email email@example.com