The UK has set an ambitious goal of becoming net zero by 2050, with many large businesses bringing the target forward to 2030. This requires the participation of all sectors of society, including small businesses, which make up 99% of the UK’s enterprises and employ 60% of the UK workforce. Many smaller businesses may feel overwhelmed or confused by how to achieve this without spending too much or disrupting current practices.
Low Carbon Lincolnshire aims to tackle this challenge by providing much needed support to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Lincolnshire and Rutland.
Working on behalf of Business Lincolnshire, a series of fully funded, bespoke workshops and supporting materials will be delivered by the sustainable business support team from PECT (an environmental charity), who already work with over 300 organisations on sustainability and decarbonisation projects. The team has a solid understanding of the current trends and challenges in the field of sustainability and low carbon, as well as practical ways to implement them.
The workshop series in 2024 includes 'bitesize' webinars and virtual sessions to allow more participants to get involved, as well as longer in-person workshops, covering the following topics:
- Net Zero – definition of Net Zero, how to plan for it, organisation requirements, creating action plans and targets, etc.
- Decarbonisation – how to calculate a carbon footprint, how to analyse carbon performance and build decarbonisation plans, low carbon technologies, renewables and how to integrate the right technology, etc.
- Energy management – how to measure and track performance, how to conduct on-site energy audits, etc.
- Supply chains – how to review your procurement strategy, how to engage and communicate with suppliers, how to manage client requests about carbon performance, etc.
The programme is available to SMEs located in the following council areas: City of Lincoln, North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire, North Kesteven, South Kesteven, West Lindsey and Rutland.
Each business will undergo an onboarding process at the beginning of their journey to confirm eligibility and ensure that the workshops can be tailored to suit those attending.
Please help us by completing this survey to let us know which aspects would be most relevant to your business. Your answers will help us shape our programme to your specific sustainability needs.
To find out more check out the workshop schedule below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All workshops are listed on the Business Lincolnshire Events page and open for registrations. Just search for ‘Low Carbon Lincolnshire’ to bring up all events.
- Getting started with Net Zero - Click here to watch now
- The basics of decarbonisation – Click here to watch now
- Managing and improving your energy use - Wednesday 21st February 2024,1-2pm
- Influencing a sustainable supply chain - Thursday 29th February 2024, 9-10am
In person workshops:
- Net Zero - Lincoln – Tuesday 16th April 2024 - AM
- Decarbonisation - Lincoln – Tuesday 16th April 2024 - PM
- Net Zero - Grantham – Thursday 4th July 2024 - AM
- Decarbonisation - Grantham – Thursday 4th July 2024 - PM
- Net Zero - Market Rasen –Tuesday 10th September 2024 -AM
- Decarbonisation - Market Rasen –Tuesday 10th September 2024 - PM
Virtual workshops: (topics will be based on demand)
- Energy Management - Thursday 9th May 2024 - 9-11am
- Tuesday 8th October 2024, 9-11am
- Thursday 7th November 2024, 1-3pm
Sign up now to reserve a place!