What is the grant available for?
The North Lincolnshire Covid-19 Renew Scheme’s prime objective is the creation of new jobs in response to jobs lost because of Covid-19. Its aim is to help support those businesses affected to consolidate and to grow the economy through new investment which has been disadvantaged through the impact of job losses. The key priorities will be to create new businesses and support the expansion and diversification of existing businesses located in North Lincolnshire.
One of the key requirements of the Covid-19 Renew Scheme is to help companies in the supply chain create new sustainable employment. To be considered an eligible cost for the purposes of the Covid-19 Renew Scheme, new employment must be directly created by an investment project and fulfil the following conditions:
- employment shall be created within 6 months of project completion.
- the investment project shall lead to a net increase in the number of employees in the
establishment concerned, compared with the average over the previous twelve months; and
- the employment created shall be maintained for up to two years.
Please note projects must practically and financially complete by March 2022.
Capital or Revenue or Both?
Subject to UK Subsidy Allowance rules (influenced by company size/status and location), investment from the Support Fund Programme can be used to contribute to one or more of the following activities:
- Investment in tangible and intangible assets relating to the setting up of a new establishment, the extension of an existing establishment, diversification of the output
of an establishment into new additional products, or a fundamental change in the overall production process of an existing establishment. This may include capital expenditure on the acquisition or creation of fixed assets including:
Refurbishment of existing structures or their associated fixtures and fittings
installation or replacement of plant and machinery
- Commissioning of professional advice to develop and implement Growth and/or Diversification Plans (through the Support Programme)
- Additional costs of adapting premises, employing staff to assist disabled workers, adaptation of equipment, costs of establishing any sheltered employment facility.
*In exceptional circumstances the Board may consider support towards the purchase of land or buildings, but this would be subject to full scrutiny through the due diligence process.
Percentage of project cost
The maximum grant level for a single enterprise is £7,000 per new job created. The minimum grant level is £1,000.
The COVID Renew Scheme must maintain an overall investment ratio of at least 1:4 which means for every £1 invested through the fund, the applicants must contribute a minimum of £4 towards the project.
The investment ratio will be considered as part of the appraisal process and is governed by UK Subsidy Allowance Rules which may require a higher contribution by applicants to ensure compliance. Intervention will be either 10%, 20% or 30% of overall cost depending on UK Subsidy Allowance Rules.
The Investment made by the fund must be maintained in the region for a period of up to 5 years (up to 3 years for SMEs) after its completion.
Any eligibility criteria
The business must be based in North Lincolnshire
Specific Ineligible activity
- Investment in sectors included within the EC Sectoral Restrictions
- Expenditure on the purchase of transport equipment (movable assets) and for the acquisition of road freight transport vehicles
- Expenditure to cover wage subsidiary of new staff being employed as part of the project(‘s)
- The Covid-19 Renew Scheme cannot be used to support undertakings or firms in difficulty.
- Applications made by the retail sector for retail activities.
- Applications involving hospital or medical services and residential care are ineligible for assistance.
- Applications for projects in the defence sector are ineligible for assistance.
- Projects by schools or colleges.
- Projects involving the manufacture of tobacco related products.
Who provides the grant?
How to apply for the grant?
To start the application process for this fund, you will need to complete an expression of interest document.
- Wednesday 21 April 2021 – Expressions of Interest Open.
- Wednesday 19 May 2021 – Expressions of Interest Close.
- Wednesday 2 June 2021 – Latest date for businesses to be notified of outcome from Expressions of Interest.
- Wednesday 2 June 2021 – Full Applications invited from successful businesses.
- Wednesday 14 July 2021 – Deadline for completed Full Applications.
- Wednesday 28 July 2021 – Latest date for businesses to be notified of outcome from Full Applications.
- Thursday 31 March 2022 – All projects must be practically and financially complete.
To apply or find out more information please click here.
North Lincolnshire Council
Closing Date: 19/05/2021