What is the Business Support?
The Create Growth Programme supports high-growth potential creative businesses in sectors such as creative agencies, architecture, software development, film, gaming, etc.
The aim of the programme is to help creative businesses to scale and become investment ready through a targeted support package with three complementary strands including:
- bespoke business support
- investor outreach activities
- a finance fund
The East Midlands Creative Consortium (EMC2) is delivering the programme locally, with Innovate UK managing the finance fund and Investor Readiness support activity.
Details of the scheme and support can be found on the EMC2 website. For an initial conversation with a local contact email Sally Denton (email@example.com).
The business support programme will see 4 cohorts of 25 high growth potential creative businesses from across the region, move through a series of workshops and mentoring activities across an 8 month journey to help equip them with the tools and capacity to fulfil their growth potential. Click here to complete an application form to take part.
The Innovate UK finance fund of up to £7 million is available to help creative businesses in Create Growth Programme regions to explore new innovation projects that will stimulate growth and attract private investment. This fund will be delivered through multiple competitions which will be opened periodically. Competition 1 is now closed. Information about future competitions will be added as these are made live and you can also register for updates via the Innovate UK website.
- be from the creative industries
- be from DCMS Create Growth Programme region
- focus on a clear growth opportunity and the proposed innovation to address it
- demonstrate the impact funding and support can have on the growth plan of your business
- engage with the regional support if your application is successful
This scheme is being run in conjunction with The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, Innovate UK, Innovate UK KTN, and the following regional teams:
- Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP)
- Kent County Council (KCC)
- West of England Combined Authority
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA)
- New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership
- North of Tyne Combined Authority
How to find out more?
More information can be found here: Creative businesses across the UK receive funding boost and government backing to spur future growth - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Any eligibility criteria
The scheme is open to businesses in Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire and Rutland as well as Leicestershire and Derbyshire.
East Midlands Creative Consortium EMC2
Local contact - Sally Denton firstname.lastname@example.org
0116 454 2917