What is the grant available for?
You can apply for 3 grants to help your business complete customs declarations.
You can apply to get funding for:
- training that helps your business to complete customs declarations and processes
- hiring new staff to help your business complete customs declarations
- IT improvements to help your business complete customs declarations more efficiently
Any eligibility criteria
Your business must:
- have been established in the UK for at least 12 months before the submission of your application and when the grant is paid
- not have previously failed to meet its tax obligations – we’ll check our records to decide if we can offer your business a grant
In addition, your businesses must meet one of the descriptions below:
- complete or intend to complete customs declarations on behalf of your clients
- be an importer or exporter and complete or intend to complete declarations internally for your own goods
- be an organisation which recruits, trains and places apprentices in businesses to undertake customs declarations.
What grant amounts are available?
The grant will give you £3,000 towards recruitment costs for each new employee. Upfront recruitment costs will not be covered for an employee redeployed from another part of the business, unless this is part of an external recruitment campaign.
You could also get up to £12,000 to cover the salary costs for each new or redeployed employee.
The grant will give you up to 100% of the actual costs of externally-provided training for your employees, up to a limit of £1,500 for each employee on the course.
It will also cover the cost of training you run internally, up to a limit of £250 for each employee on the course.
The grant will give you 100% of the costs relating to your IT expenditure to improve the efficiency of making customs declarations.
State aid limitations
These grants will give you up to 200,000 euros, which is (the maximum amount of state aid available). This limit applies to the total of all grants applications received in the last three years.
How to apply for the grant?
Click HERE to find out how to apply.