What is the Business Support?
The course is free, and you’ll learn directly from experts in international trade who are on hand to provide support across a range of sectors and businesses, from selling children’s clothes to Spain, to providing PR services for clients in the US.
What is the Export Academy?
- The Export Academy from the Department for International Trade gives small and micro-businesses the tools and confidence to sell around the world.
- Learning directly from experts in international trade, this free course will help businesses to grow their international sales, whether they are selling children’s clothes to Spain online, or providing PR services for a new client in the US.
- The programme is for owners and senior managers of English SMEs with a turnover of up to £500,000, in the Midlands, North and South West.
What does the programme include?
You will graduate from the programme with a completed export action plan, enabling you to take your business direct to international customers. This plan will be the culmination of everything you have learnt on the programme, from online events including:
- Round tables
- Mentoring sessions
Why has the Export Academy been developed?
- Research from the Department for International Trade suggests that most business who could export feel that they don’t have a good level of knowledge about how to do so.
- The Export Academy aims to address this uncertainty about how to sell internationally through education and support, giving businesses the tools and confidence to seek out new opportunities around the world.
The programme is designed for owners and senior managers of businesses with a turnover of up to £500,000 and are located in either:
- North of England
- South West
What could it do for your company?
- An export action plan to take their business to international customers.
- Educational events, independent learning, networking and group mentoring.
- A series of educational webinars, led by experts from the Department for International Trade. Topics include e-commerce, pricing strategy, customs & tariffs, international marketing, the benefits of Free Trade Agreements, market research and export controls.
- Inspirational first-hand accounts from SMEs and Export Champions on the challenges and rewards of growing a business internationally.
- Support from International Trade Advisers, and an opportunity to network with other businesses that have global ambitions.
- Access to other support from the Department for International Trade and its local trade offices, including the chance to join trade missions and apply for grants and funding.
- Referrals to key partners, e.g. UK Export Finance or the Institute of Export, where more specialist support would help.
Who runs it?
The Department for International Trade
How to find out more?
To find out more please click here.
The Export Academy