What is the Business Support?
Multiply is a free fully funded UK government programme for adults (19+ years) to improve numeracy skills over the next 3 years. This can be delivered via personal tutoring, digital training, & flexible courses for individuals, businesses, and community groups. Improved maths skills can help individuals to gain employment, career progression, or to progress to further study. It also helps manage household finances, help children with homework, understand media facts, earn higher wages, and have better health and wellbeing. Improving employee maths skills means businesses are more productive / profitable and retain staff, plus the opportunity to achieve numeracy skills to access Apprenticeships.
What is the grant available for?
A Lincolnshire Multiply Champion is:
- An organisation that recognises the importance of Maths, and its application at work, and in everyday life.
- Prepared to promote and support numeracy development either within their workplace and/or within the wider community.
The grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, and can be used on piloting innovative approaches to learning maths in the workplace, or dedicating staff time to encourage numeracy progression. Community groups may also apply for funding to support their wider community in taking up Multiply courses.
Any eligibility criteria
Organisations and Community Groups with 5+ employees based within Lincolnshire and Rutland.
Eligible organisations that meet the minimum criteria will be awarded a grant on a 'first-come, first-served' basis.
Any required delivery targets / outcome required
How can a Multiply Champion can use their £1,000 grant?
- For dedicated staff time to understand and address any numeracy levels or barriers (e.g., a numeracy needs analysis, or specialist training support for a business numeracy need)
- To promote numeracy development within the workforce or community
- To pilot innovative approaches (e.g., a lunchtime learning club funding provision of catering)
What grant amounts are available?
Grants are available up to £1,000.
Who provides the grant?
Lincolnshire County Council
How to apply for the grant?
To apply for the grant, please fill out an Expression of Interest form by clicking here.
Closing Date: 31/03/2024