What is the Business Support?
Libra will be a springboard for existing underrepresented founders based in the UK who are growing and scaling despite market failure. The inaugural programme will focus on the Black founder experience, helping them navigate the scaling journey. The programme’s main aim is to level the playing field for excellent Black founders to scale to their fullest potential.
The free, non-residential, six-month programme is centred around themed insights sessions, delivered by some of the most established entrepreneurs, covering topics such as raising series A, selling into corporates, scaling your operations and expanding internationally. The programme will have a focus on peer-to-peer learning and the cohort companies sharing the challenges in their own individual journeys. The cohort will also be introduced to key stakeholders and decision-makers within corporates, investment firms, government bodies and others during networking events. Additionally, the Libra programme offers access to the cross-programme sessions hosted by Tech Nation sector programmes focused on Fintech and Applied AI and Net-Zero.
At Tech Nation, we believe we can change the tech industry for the better, make a real difference and see our future Libra Alumni reach the unicorn status and beyond. From research, the time to support Black founders is now:
- Tech Nation has already built strong relationships with investors and can leverage these relationships to help Libra cohorts navigate conversations around investment and secure VC funding.
- From our research and discovery work, we spoke to a group of 32 people, consisting of founders, thought leaders and investors. They all agreed that a programme such as Libra would benefit Black founders and ultimately, the entire tech ecosystem.
- We want to support the future cohort with how to navigate investing conversations and secure investment.
To assess if your company would benefit from this programme, check if you fulfil the following criteria.
- The company must have at least one founder that self-identifies as Black or multiracial with Black heritageThis member must have a majority/equal equity stake in the business.
- Incorporated within the last 1 – 5 years
- Have a UK headquarters
- You are a digital tech businesswith a product or service
- Your company will be at the Seed to pre-Series A funding stage.
- If bootstrapped,your max annual revenue is below £1.5m
- You are able todemonstrate market traction
- You have at least one active client or pilot
- You are able to commit to the programme
- You have the ambition to scale
*Agencies and consultancies are excluded.
What could it do for your company?
Included in the program is:
- Cohort Trips
Who runs it?
How to find out more?
Please click HERE for more information.