What is the grant available for?
The Carbon Trust - Green Business fund has been made available to SMEs on a first come-first served basis, and will offer energy saving training, cost saving assessments, implementation advice, and capital support for the installation of energy saving equipment. Eligible companies can apply for a capital contribution to cover up to 15% of an energy saving project or equipment replacement cost, up to a maximum of £5,000.
The fund can also be used to purchase a range of equipment, including energy efficient lighting, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and energy saving Controls - vital equipment across a range of business sectors, including manufacturing, retail, and hospitality.
For more information visit: https://www.carbontrust.com/client-services/programmes/green-business-fund/
Capital or Revenue or Both?
Capital: for energy saving projects or equipment replacement costs.
Percentage of project cost
A minimum of £750 and a maximum of up to £5,000 capital contribution or up to 15% of the purchase cost of energy saving equipment.
Any eligibility criteria
- Available to small and medium sized businesses (companies with fewer than 250 employees)
- The scheme can only support projects that look to replace existing equipment with energy saving alternatives
- The minimum project cost must be £5,000 with a payback period of 5 years in order to be eligible for a capital contribution.
- Only SMEs based in England, Scotland and Wales are eligible for support
- Equipment should be purchased from a Green Business Directory supplier or a BESA Supplier, to ensure that your supplier is properly accredited
- New-builds are not eligible
To contact us for further advice on applying to the Green Business Fund please call 0207 832 4773 or email email@example.com
Any required delivery targets / outcome required
Energy saving projects or equipment replacement.
What grant amounts are available?
A minimum of £750 and a maximum of up to £5,000.
Who provides the grant?
The Carbon Trust.